Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2011/03/07 22:14:15 UTC

Reminder: 5 weeks until feature freeze

Just a friendly reminder:

The tentative freeze date of April 11th is 5 weeks from today.  Per the
discussion[1] we had back in January, this is when we'll branch and
feature-freeze (bug fixes only, everything else goes to trunk).

Please try to keep this schedule in mind as you work on your respective
release goals.  We aren't frozen until we are, but the idea is to
release 4 weeks later (say May 9th), which isn't a lot time to shake the
bugs out.  Disruptive changes should been given ample time to stabilize,
(or be hidden behind configuration, etc).

Thanks!

[1]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.cassandra.devel/2867

--
Eric Evans