Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by thomas Armstrong <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/30 11:05:44 UTC

[users@httpd] How to FilesMatch files within a certain domain

Hi.

I want to cache multimedia files by using "mod_expires" and created
this rule within my ".htaccess" file:
-------
ExpiresActive On
<FilesMatch "\.(flv|ico|pdf|avi|mov|ppt|doc|mp3|wmv|wav|swf)$">
ExpiresDefault A29030400
</FilesMatch>
--------

However, this ".htaccess" file is shared by five VirtualHosts, and I
would like to determine which VirtualHost must cache multimedia files.
I mean:
- "static.foo.com" must cache files
- "www.foo.com" must not

I tried with SERVER_NAME variable, but it won't work. I'd be grateful
if somebody could give me a hint to build the rule.

Thank you very much.

Re: [users@httpd] How to FilesMatch files within a certain domain

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 5:05 AM, thomas Armstrong <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
>  I want to cache multimedia files by using "mod_expires" and created
>  this rule within my ".htaccess" file:
>  -------
>  ExpiresActive On
>  <FilesMatch "\.(flv|ico|pdf|avi|mov|ppt|doc|mp3|wmv|wav|swf)$">
>  ExpiresDefault A29030400
>  </FilesMatch>
>  --------
>
>  However, this ".htaccess" file is shared by five VirtualHosts, and I
>  would like to determine which VirtualHost must cache multimedia files.
>  I mean:
>  - "static.foo.com" must cache files
>  - "www.foo.com" must not
>
>  I tried with SERVER_NAME variable, but it won't work. I'd be grateful
>  if somebody could give me a hint to build the rule.

Do it in httpd.conf inside the <VirtualHost> section, not in .htaccess.

Joshua.