Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Daniel Morilha <dm...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2015/10/14 21:19:21 UTC

traffic_line -x

Hi, I remember we used to have traffic_line -x accepting an argument to hint which plug-in to restart/reload. Is this gone or is my memory failing? Is there a way to limit reloading to specific plug-ins? thanks

Re: traffic_line -x

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@yahoo-inc.com>.
That's a really cute idea, James. We might well add a hook to the lifecycle set specifically for signalling from traffic_ctl. This would be roughly similar to SIG_USR1 and I would expect would be used in a variety of ways.

I'm not aware of there ever having been such a thing. It would not be that hard to wire something like
"traffic_ctl plugin reload FOO" to invoke a lifecycle hook on the named plugin.

traffic_line -x

Posted by Daniel Morilha <dm...@yahoo-inc.com>.