Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Koji Noguchi <kn...@oath.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/05 18:16:18 UTC

Re: Controlling Illustrate's output

Hi Ronald,

Sorry for the late response.

> Is there a way to control the number of records illustrate produces?

I'm afraid not.

Illustrate is a strong feature that has not been supported yet on
Pig-on-tez or Pig-on-spark.
We need to revive this effort and start looking at this feature again.

> Also, is there an easier way to get the data programmatically (i.e. not as
textual tables to stdout)?

As part of Illustrate?  No.

If you have suggestion on how we can make this feature better, appreciate
if you could file a new jira.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PIG

Thanks.

Koji