Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net> on 2003/03/13 15:41:35 UTC

unable to find mapping

hi guys,

I have a jsp file resding on my machine in "/jsp/user/reg.jsp" and this is
the form tag

.....html tags here

and i have struts-user.xml as config for user module with a form-bean and
action mapping set as

<form-beans>
  <form-bean name="UserRegForm"  type="myapp.user.form.UserRegForm"/>
</form-beans>
<action-mappings>
  <action name="UserRegForm" path="/Register" scope="request"
    input="/jsp/user/reg.jsp" type="myapp.user.action.UserRegAction">
    <forward name="success" path="/jsp/success.jsp"/>
  </action>
</action-mappings>

Now when i call http://localhost/myapp/jsp/user/reg.jsp it throws an error

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot retrieve mapping for action

I must be doing something terribly wrong. Please guide me.

-navjot

Re: unable to find mapping

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Your issues revolves around the fact that, unless you go through the
controller (ie. invoke your JSPs through an action - thus involving the
controller in the request) you do *NOT* have any configuration data in
the request for your modules.  What you need to do to solve your problem
is have an action that forwards to your JSP.  It doesn't have to be
anything fancy.  You could either use a global, context-relative global
forward, a ForwardAction, or just an action with it's forward atribute
set to the path of your JSP.  There's lots of ways to do it - but you've
*got* to go through the controller!

--
Eddie Bush

RE: unable to find mapping