Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Arjen Wiersma <ar...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/03 14:08:37 UTC

expiring in-queue messages

Hi,

While testing some scenarios with my freshly implemented JBI components I
noticed something... if a client sends a message with a timeout set at say
10 seconds, if the timeout expires it will get the expected
TimeoutException. However the actual message remains in the queues and the
result of the message is routed back to the message broker. If a client
disconnects, the message is in the queue until I purge it.

Is there any means of making the in-queue message timeout as well or perhaps
be removed if the timeout of the client has expired?

regards,

Arjen

Re: expiring in-queue messages

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Good point.
I'm not sure about removing the exchange if the client goes down,
because it would require to be able to make the difference
between such a scenario and when a node in the cluster goes down.
I'd rather use the timeout and discard the exchange if the timeout has been
exceeded when the exchange is about to be accepted.
Could you raise a JIRA please ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet