Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2005/11/11 23:05:06 UTC

[Fulcrum] Recent updates of YAAFI 1.0.5-dev

Hi folks,

there is always a reason to embed YAAFI somewhere into another framework
- especially if I work for a customer ... :-)

So I had some sponsorship to make the following thingies

+) adding the JAMon Interceptor Service - statistical performance data
on method invocations
+) adding the AdviceService - very simple AOP for POJOs delegating the
intercepted calls to the various interceptor services
+) uploaded the webpage

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: [Fulcrum] Recent updates of YAAFI 1.0.5-dev

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Eric,

+) see
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/fulcrum/fulcrum-yaafi/interceptors/index.html

+) if properly configured all Avalon service method invocations are
intercepted. The intercepted method invocations are then delegated
to 0-n available Avalon Interceptor Services, e.g. JamonInterceptorService.

+) the AdviceService is a goodie from my current project work. My
customer uses an in-house service framework and was not able to
instrument the method invocations running through their own service
framework. I used the Fulcrum AdviceService to advice their service
implementations. Basically you can advise any POJO implementing
interfaces - technically is just an AOP around advice.

+) "If this works well, you may be able to move from "What we left out"
  the line: run-time instrumentation to monitor application health" ...
agreed ... :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.