Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/25 18:00:28 UTC

Bro plugin release process docs?

At the risk of exposing my ignorance, do we have the bro plugin release
process documented anywhere?  We have a doc for the main release (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Release+Process), but I
haven't noticed one for the bro plugin.

For the current RC, it's not included and it wasn't pushed for (it has less
changes for obvious reasons).  However, we should be making sure to
validate if its necessary to release and having the process documented.

Justin

Re: Bro plugin release process docs?

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
I've updated the cwiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/diffpagesbyversion.action?pageId=66854770&selectedPageVersions=43&selectedPageVersions=40>
and opened a PR <https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/1236> for this, open
to feedback on any of the changes I made/suggested.  Since I assume we
wouldn't want to make any changes to releases retroactively, I added a note
to the cwiki to note the history (see "Historical Note" under section 5).
Thanks,

Jon

--

Jon