Posted to user@spark.apache.org by dimitris plakas <di...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/06 20:48:45 UTC

Task - Id : Staus Failed

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to set up a yarn cluster with three nodes (one master and two
workers).
I followed this tutorial :
https://linode.com/docs/databases/hadoop/how-to-install-and-set-up-hadoop-cluster/

I also try to execute the yarn exmaple at the end of this tutorial with the
wordcount. After executing the hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.8.5.jar i get
STATUS: FAILED for every Task Id although that the example finished without
any error.

The failed status means that an error occured on yarn job execution? If so
could you explain me what exactly is this error?

In the attachement you will find the output that i get to my screen.

Thank you in advance,
Dimitris Plakas