Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by naveen gs <na...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/14 08:04:45 UTC

query on bandwidth connection

Hi all,
            I have recorded a transaction of a web application with 100MBPS connection, now i want to execute the same transaction with different Dail up speed like 128,256,512kbps.

Is there any option or element in jmeter so that i can provide this various speed and execute for different Vusers.

Thanks in advance

Naveen

---------------------------------

Re: query on bandwidth connection

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Just realised that the calculation of the delays only works for small
values of cps - below a few K - I'll fix that later.

S.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
I did some research into this a few months back for fun. There is a low
level network driver that can simulate dropped and corrupt packets, but
using it would be tricky. One would have to install the driver on the server
and configure it properly. Then running a test from JMeter would be the
same.

peter

Posted by naveen gs <na...@yahoo.com>.
Hi