Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "real great.." <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/25 01:32:19 UTC

Change the storage directory.

Hi,
As i guess, Hadoop creates the default dfs in temp directory.
I tried changing it by editing the hdfs-site.xml to:
?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>2</value>
  </property>

<property>
  <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
  <value>/home/supreme/hdfs</value>
  <description>Comma separated list of paths on the local filesystem of a
DataNode where it should store its blocks. </description>
</property>
</configuration>

However, this does not seem to work as the hdfs is getting created at temp.
directory even after i format the same.

R.V.

Re: Change the storage directory.

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 6:02 AM, real great..
<gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <property>
>   <name>dfs.data.dir</name>

There's also dfs.name.dir for the NameNode's image (which would go to
default ${hadoop.tmp.dir} if unset).

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com

Re: Change the storage directory.

Posted by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com>.
Did you try running the stop and start scripts ?