Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Victor NOËL <vi...@linagora.com> on 2015/05/12 14:42:42 UTC

Making the Camel Maven plugins Eclipse compatible

Hi,

There is a set of recommendations to make a maven plugin eclipse-compatible:
http://eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-making-maven-plugins-compat.html

In particular, the use of BuildContext is very important because it
prevents mismatch between the state produced by the execution of a maven
plugin and the state seen by eclipse.
Without eclipse, it has no performance overhead.

For example, I am using camel-package-maven-plugin for my camel
component and in Eclipse, the generation of code triggers a rebuild
which triggers generation of code and this indefinitely.

Using the  BuildContext would prevent such situation normally.

It would be nice if it was used in the camel maven plugins :)

Thanks!

Re: Making the Camel Maven plugins Eclipse compatible

Posted by Victor NOËL <vi...@linagora.com>.
FYI the PR is there: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/518

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Victor NOËL <vi...@linagora.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I have been working on a PR for that.
>
> Can you clarify something for me?
>
> Only camel-maven-plugin, camel-package-maven-plugin and guice-maven-plugin
> are meant to be used by non camel team developers?

Yes they are for end users. Though camel-package-maven-plugin is a mix.

> And the goals generate-and-attach-archetype-catalog, generate-eips-list and
> prepare-catalog (from camel-package-maven-plugin) are also meant to be only
> used internally by the camel team?

Yeah all that is internal.

> As for camel-api-component-maven-plugin and
> camel-eip-documentation-enricher-maven-plugin, they are used internally by
> the Camel team?

No they are also for end users when they create custom components that
are api based, and they want to leverage the component api support.
This allows to build components against apis such as social like
facebook, linkedin, salesforce, etc that has massive rest apis. These
plugins is there fore some source code generation.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Making the Camel Maven plugins Eclipse compatible

Posted by Victor NOËL <vi...@linagora.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

We love contributions

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: Making the Camel Maven plugins Eclipse compatible

Posted by Victor NOËL <vi...@linagora.com>.
FYI Preben, the pull request I made was merged and will be released with
version 2.16 I guess :)

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.
+1

Best,