Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by COFFMAN Steven <SC...@CBSINC.com> on 2000/07/13 01:11:12 UTC

images are using absolutely incorrect paths [images.fo]

Arved Sandstrom
> (a) (a) images.fo because the target GIFs can't be located, although they
do exist;

On Linux, if you do this as root:
cd /; ln -s /home/arved/xml-fop/docs/graphics/ graphics
(or whatever your path to FOP is) then images.fo will run fine.
Otherwise, you get:
Error while creating area : Error while loading image file:/graphics/fop.jpg
: class java.io.FileNotFoundException - /graphics/fop.jpg (No such file or
directory)

This means that the images are using absolute paths, even though the fo file
specifies the URL relatively, as in href="file:../../graphics/fop.jpg"

Somehow, the "../.." is being chopped off or ignored. However, I'm a couple
hours overdue for a meal, and I can't summon the patience to find and fix
the bug. (So I settled for characterizing it). If no one's Aha light goes
off, I can get to tomorrow evening.
-Steve