Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Naeem Akhtar <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/23 02:27:26 UTC

1.5.0/1.5.2 Subversion + Apache crash..

On Windows 2003 (Service Pack 2), 3G memory, I have a simple script
that is causing Apache (2.2.9) to crash. Apache does not restart.
There is no other application running on the system. It sometimes
takes 2-3 days before the crash.

Though the same scripts crash Apache on 1.4.x release but Apache
restarts.

The error message in Apache error log :

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.
[Fri Sep 12 19:23:26 2008] [crit] Parent: child process exited with
status 3 -- Aborting.

****

The script is (this script is being posted as sent to me - please
change the appropriate variable):

my $SVN="svn --username USERNAME --password PASSWORD";
my $UPDATE = "update";
my $COMMIT = "ci";

$COUNTER=0;

while ($COUNTER < 100000) {
print "count: $COUNTER \n";
system("$SVN $UPDATE sandbox2_1");
$exit_value = $? >> 8;

if ($exit_value != 0) {
}
my $FILE="sandbox2_1/hanoi.txt";
open(FD, ">>$FILE") || die "Cannot open $FILE";
print FD "New line from Hanoi\n";
close FD;

system("$SVN $COMMIT -m \"hanoi\" $FILE");
$exit_value = $? >> 8;
$COUNTER = $COUNTER + 1;
print "Exit Value: $exit_value \n";
}

Re: 1.5.0/1.5.2 Subversion + Apache crash..

Posted by Naeem Akhtar <na...@gmail.com>.
I have installed brand new Windows Server 2003. Besides the certified
release of 1.5.2 from Collabnet, nothing else was installed on the
machine.

Then I guess I need to know which version got complied with 1.5.2?

Posted by Jens Peters <jp...@gmx.de>.