Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Rodriguez, Raul" <Ra...@Bowne.com> on 2001/10/26 20:48:22 UTC

Xalan and other Encodings

Hi:

I downloaded the latest version of Xalan and was ran it against a barcode
generator stylesheet that I downloaded from RenderX.  Xalan dies immediately
because the it cannot the encoding is set to iso-8859-1.  In addition, the
author placed the copyright symbol which is not part of the ASCII set and
Xalan also dies on this.  Saxon and XT do not have this problem and are able
to render the barcode.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?  The barcodes need this encoding
otherwise it renders horribly.

FYI, I am using XSLT to create a Formatting Object.  The barcode is needed
on the document for tracking purposes.

Thanks

Raul