Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by El...@agi.ch on 2003/05/06 14:15:07 UTC

Parser Problem

Hello

I am on look for a <TAG> but i don't know whether it exist.
My Problem: In a XSL File i start a Java-Class and return a String with the
follow content "<xsl:call-template name="anyTemplate"/>".

The Class ist started in the following Tag: <xsl:value-of
disable-output-escaping="yes" select="wtaJf:getCallTemplate()"/>

If i start the Xalan now, the Function in value-of does run and returns
<xsl:call-template name="anyTemplate"/>. Afterwards it goes to the next Tag
an leavs the return value, which would be a Tag, unaffected.

Does someone knows a Function with which i can Parse the Return-Value of
xsl:value-of ??

Thx for Help

Elmar Hurni
Web Technologies & Applications

Diese E-Mail ist nur fuer die als Empfaenger genannte Person oder Gesellschaft bestimmt. Wenn Sie diese
E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, bitten wir Sie, den Absender zu benachrichtigen und die E-Mail auf Ihrem
Computersystem zu loeschen.

Re: Parser Problem

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
You can't do that. You can't just change the XSL code on the fly.
xsl:value-of normally writes its result to the output XML to which the
XSLT engine has no access anymore. You can also write its result to a
xsl:variable but you still can't have any XSLT code in there.

You need to find another way to accomplish what you need. You should
either get yourself a got book on XSLT or ask on an XSLT-dedicated list
for advice.

On 06.05.2003 14:15:07 Elmar.Hurni wrote:
> I am on look for a <TAG> but i don't know whether it exist.
> My Problem: In a XSL File i start a Java-Class and return a String with the
> follow content "<xsl:call-template name="anyTemplate"/>".
>
> The Class ist started in the following Tag: <xsl:value-of
> disable-output-escaping="yes" select="wtaJf:getCallTemplate()"/>
>
> If i start the Xalan now, the Function in value-of does run and returns
> <xsl:call-template name="anyTemplate"/>. Afterwards it goes to the next Tag
> an leavs the return value, which would be a Tag, unaffected.
>
> Does someone knows a Function with which i can Parse the Return-Value of
> xsl:value-of ??

Jeremias Maerki