Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Harding, Christopher (Student Assistant)" <Ch...@softwareag.com> on 2001/06/21 14:00:41 UTC

RE: web.xml domain.xml

Hello,
  You should email slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org rather than me direct. You
have a better chance of getting the information you require.

  Each app in %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps has a \web_inf directory and a web.xml
file. Not to sure what this file does exactly. In Slide you have one
Domain.xml file, within this you can have lots of different stores, folders
etc.

      <store name="mystore" >
        <contentstore name="filestore"
         classname="slidestore.file.FileContentStoreNoVersioning">
          <parameter name="rootpath">D:\temp\slide\mystore</parameter>
        </contentstore>

      </store>

  Map it using
            <scope match="/mystore" store="mystore" />

  And create the display folder using
		<objectnode
classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/mystore">
		</objectnode>

  You can have lots of stores defined within the Domain.xml file and then
just map and create the relevant folder to be displayed.

  This error you get is because you are using the standard java Servlet,
which doesn't support the WebDAV methods like PROPFIND, MKCOL etc. only the
HTTP methods, GET, PUT, DELETE, etc. Make sure tomcat is using the slide
servlet that comes with the slide.war. You should find it easer to expand
the slide implementation under the servlet level, if that is what you are
currently trying to do.

  Hope this is some help to you.

  Chris Harding