Posted to users@griffin.apache.org by Darrell Taylor <da...@skybettingandgaming.com> on 2018/04/30 10:35:15 UTC

Disable Livy option?

Hi,

I was wondering if it’s feasible to disable the Livy option and have the ability to submit Spark jobs directly?

Having had a brief look through the code it seems like all the SparkConf and SparkContext is handled as normal, but couldn’t quite figure out where the job submission gets routed to Livy.

Thanks
--
Darrell Taylor
Principal Engineer (Data Science)

[cid:image001.png@01D3E077.4E8BEF40]

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. The SKY trademarks are owned by Sky plc and are used under licence. Bonne Terre Limited (Alderney Co. No. 1110) with registered address Office 1, 1 The Crusher, Braye Harbour, Alderney GY9 3XX, Hestview Limited (England and Wales Co. No. 1100741) with registered address 2 Wellington Place, Leeds, LS1 4AP and Cyan Blue Odds Limited (Alderney Co. No. 1919) with registered address Century House, 12 Victoria Street, Alderney, GY9 3UF operate the Sky Betting and Gaming and Oddschecker services.

Re: Disable Livy option?

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
hi Taylor,

If I guess correctly, Usually you submit jobs by scp jars to cluster, ssh
to cluster and launch jobs by spart-submit CLI?

We will discuss whether/when to support this use case in our dev list.

Thanks,
William

Re: Disable Livy option?

Re: Disable Livy option?