Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joel <jo...@vsnl.in> on 2001/11/03 17:04:56 UTC

Newbie-Installation

Dear,

 I am trying to install Tomcat 3.3 in Linux.

I have downloaded Tomcat 3.3 tar.gz
Need I download "jakarta-servletapi.tar.gz"
What is it meant for?

Also I need to integrate Tomcat with Apache using mod_jk

My processor is  AMD K6 with the type i586.

>From where I will get   a mod_jk.so for i586.
In Apache website it is given for i386. Can I use the same mod_jk.so for
i586.

Regards

Joel

Re: Newbie-Installation

Posted by Charles Webber <ch...@earthlink.net>.
Check out the web for mod_jk.
Here's a link to the jakarta site that may help.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html

It's easier than you think to integrate Tomcat with Apache.  In your
httpd.conf, include a line like:
Include $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto
Make sure that the mod_jk.conf-auto points to mod_jk.so
There are probably better ways of doing this, but it worked for me.
Good luck.