Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/04 15:54:16 UTC

Create table fails with org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionOfflineException:

Hi,

I have a three node cluster with Hbase installed in fully distributed mode.
For the past two hours, I am not able to create table correctly.

I could scan already existing tables. I get following error when I create
table in shell. Shell hangs for a while and finally throws this error.

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionOfflineException: Only 0 of 1
regions are online; retries exhausted.

But when I list the tables after this error, it is listing the created
table.

When I do scan, it fails with the following error

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: No server
address listed in .META. for region
Testcell_reports,,1341406315551.83e1bbd70bcc249fe6c323772b8c0abe.

When I do disable and drop, it is happening without any errors. Can someone
suggest me some ways to debug this issue? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Anand

Re: Create table fails with org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionOfflineException:

Posted by AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Three region servers are online and I confirmed it here http://
<master_hostname>:60010/master-status

This page also lists all my tables. When I click on tables where I had
errors, it is not showing any details and browser hangs. I think this means
region server details are not correctly stored for those tables.

I have reverse DNS issue in one of my region server. When I enter "hostname
<ip>", in one of my region server, I get following error

Host 131.32.78.10.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

But I was able to create table and load data two hours back.

Also I checked region server status of this specific machine http://<region
server with reverse DNS issue>:60030/rs-status and the result is positive.

So I have doubts in role of reverse DNS in this problem.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM, shashwat shriparv <dwivedishashwat@gmail.com

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

--

∞