Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org> on 2013/01/10 17:21:57 UTC

Rebasing branches before commit

Hi,

As discussed before in the context of OAK-464 the current rebase
implementation in oak-core is not satisfactory. I have thus implemented
two further variants:

1) in oak-core using the journal and re-applying it on top of the
current trunk: https://github.com/mduerig/jackrabbit-oak/tree/OAK-464

2) in oak-mk which applies the differences between the head of the
branch and its base to the new base of the branch (i.e. the current head
of trunk): https://github.com/mduerig/jackrabbit-oak/tree/OAK-536

The test case LargeMoveTest demonstrates an issue I have also brought up
earlier: it will fail with an OOME for the current rebase implementation
and for 1). It will pass fine for 2) however.

Michael