Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net> on 2002/06/22 01:21:25 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Standard Taglib 1.0

Jakarta Taglibs users,

Jakarta Taglibs has just released version 1.0 of its "Standard Taglib," an
implementation of JSTL. (The implementation at Jakarta Taglibs is also the
basis for Sun's reference implementation of JSTL.)  You can download the
1.0 release of the Standard Taglib at

   http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-taglibs/releases/standard/

The Standard Taglib requires JSP 1.2; it has been tested with Tomcat
4.0.4.  (Earlier versions of Tomcat may have trouble loading the JAXP 1.2
classes included with our distribution, so I recommend using Tomcat 4.0.4.
A set of older XML files is available from the URL above if you want to
use an older version of Tomcat.)

Please direct any JSTL questions to the taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
mailing list.

For general information about JSTL, as well as a link to the formal
specification, pointers to upcoming books on JSTL, and current articles,
see

    http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/

If you have any comments for future versions of JSTL, you can submit them
to our expert group by mailing jsr-52-comments@jcp.org.

Enjoy,

--
Shawn Bayern