Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joe Hertz <jh...@patriot.net> on 2004/01/24 11:47:45 UTC

DynaFormBean property list retrieval

Based upon choices the user makes, he finds himself at a one of four possible
screens with fields for him enter. Once he enters his stuff, I take the data
and then, using BeanUtils, dump it all into a nicely formatted string and
email it.

The data all comes in on a DynaValidatorActionForm- All four screens use the
same form, just displaying a various subset of the range of possible
properties). All four screens send the user into the same action.

My problem is that the properties of the dynabean don't come in any logical
order. By logical, I don't mean sorted alphabetically or some such. I want
them in the order that makes sense for them to appear, which is the order
that they appear in my struts-config.

The Map returned by form.getMap() doesn't give me what I want.

The array of DynaProperties returned by form.getDynaClass.getDynaProperties()
isn't in the order I want either.

How do I get back what I told struts at config time? Do I need to declare set-
properties in struts-config to tell me the order and sort it myself?

I'd be surprised if I was the only one with this problem.

Ideas? TIA

-Joe