Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/10/16 19:56:07 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "Idle processes hanging" on Irix (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from csmipe@uta.fi -----

From: csmipe@uta.fi
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Wed Oct 16  9:53:40 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Idle processes hanging" on Irix

Submitter: csmipe@uta.fi
Operating system: Irix, version: 6.2
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used: -
URL exhibiting problem: http://www.eemeli.net/hangingprocesses.txt

Symptoms:
--
Our Apache 1.1.1 on Irix 6.2 leaves a plenty
of idle processes hanging on. It doesn't care

12   25630  0/0/126    .   19.40   721  0.0   0.00   0.31  www-cache.xgw.fi

So the SS-field just gets bigger, but the Acc-
field is always zero.

There is some more data at:
   http://www.eemeli.net/hangingprocesses.txt
Check especially the servers #12-28 in the
status-table displayed on that page. Sometimes
there are dozens of this kind of processes even
though MaxSpareServers is set much lower. But
if these idle connections reach the MaxClients
limit, the server seems to refuse connections.

Funny thing is that using ps-command I don't
see as many httpd-processes than through
/status-directive. Does the status-directive
show too many processes?

--
Mika Perkiomaki
csmipe@uta.fi