Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Nathan Torkington <gn...@oreilly.com> on 2001/10/24 00:28:26 UTC

p5ee list active

The list's goal is to create the Perl 5 Enterprise Extensions.
Send mail to p5ee-subscribe@perl.org to join.  When we've decided
on a path and start to code, I'll have a CVS repository created.

Nat

Re: p5ee list active

Posted by Nathan Torkington <gn...@oreilly.com>.
Stas Bekman writes:
> > The list's goal is to create the Perl 5 Enterprise Extensions.
> > Send mail to p5ee-subscribe@perl.org to join.  When we've decided
> > on a path and start to code, I'll have a CVS repository created.
>
> any reason for hardcoding 5 in the name?

Two reasons:
 * perl6 doesn't exist yet
 * the modules are going to be specific to a particular version of perl.
   The built-in language features and standard modules with perl6 may
   incorporate some of the features we implement and necessarily change
   what goes into a P6EE.

Any further discussion about this should take place on the p5ee list.

Thanks,

Nat

Re: p5ee list active

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.