Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Sam NewYork <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/01 03:39:12 UTC

encoding "Cp1252" is not supported

I recently installed Cocoon2 with JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3.  This involved
adding the xerces-1.4.4.jar file for the parser.

Now when I try to work with my JSP files, I get the following message

Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
D:\JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3\tomcat\webapps\ecp\jsp\navigation\top_nav_media.jsp(1,0)
Unable to open taglibrary /WEB-INF/tlds/taglib.tld : Parse Error in the tag
library descriptor: The encoding "Cp1252" is not supported.
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEventListener.java:713)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingListener.java:116)

My taglib.tld in the ecp webapp explicity has an ISO-8859-1 encoding in it.
I think this has to do with xerces since I replaced parser.jar with
xerces-1.4.4.jar (I had to for cocoon to work).
Any one have any ideas what's going on?  If I should be asking another
mailing list this question, please let me know.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam