Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roland Carlsson <ro...@swetravel.se> on 2002/08/02 10:13:56 UTC

Oracle 8.1.7 JDBC classes

Hi!
Last night we upgraded our Oracledatabase from 8.1.5 to 8.1.7 in an attempt to avoid a bug. The installation went fine but when I tried to get Tomcat to access the database through the new drivers it said that it couldn't find the driver.

I renamed them to .jar from .zip like I did with the 8.1.5 driver, I placed them in the same directory as (%catalina_home%/lib) where the 8.1.5 driver where.

So my question is:

Why doesns't tomcat recognize the new drivers? I need suggestions since I don't know where to start to look right now.

 The libary is fine since it works nicely in Forte4J.

My setup are:

Apache 1.3.23
Tomcat 4.0.3
WinNT 4 sp 6

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson

please reply to this

Posted by Richard Diaz <ri...@yahoo.com>.
I'd like to verify my messages are being posted,
please send me an email at richdiaz99@yahoo.com if you
see this message,

thanks in advance.

=====