Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Durga Perla <du...@oracle.com> on 2015/12/07 08:28:32 UTC

SYSTEM ERROR: StackOverflowError on querying a Hive table

Hi,
     I am trying to query a hive table called customers, that I have
created. i am able to see the table and describe works too.
But, when i run,

    select * from customers limit 10;
    or
      Select firstname from customers limit 10;

I get the error, *Error: SYSTEM ERROR: StackOverflowError .
*Any ideas on what is causing this?
And, btw, I am able to query the table properly in hive.

Thanks & Regards,
Durga Swaroop

Re: SYSTEM ERROR: StackOverflowError on querying a Hive table

Posted by Durga Perla <du...@oracle.com>.
I was using Drill 1.3 with Hive 0.13 and Cloudera 5.3, when i got this
error. Later i found out that, i need Drill 1.0 for Hive 0.13.
So, i've installed Drill 1.0 and tried the same and  i got the following
Error.

    |Error while applying rule DrillPushProjIntoScan|

And, with verbose enabled, I got the following.

    |  Error while applying rule DrillPushProjIntoScan|
         Unexpected exception during fragment initialization:

I have posted the same on Stack overflow and the link is this.
StackOverFlow Link
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34128286/querying-hive-from-apache-drill-causes-stackoverflow-error>

Regards,
Durga Swaroop