Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com> on 2003/08/09 11:41:37 UTC

user administration using Slide-Admin and JDBCRealm

Hi

I can't seem to get user admin working from the Slide-Admin webapp, whilst
using JDBCRealm with mySQL.

I can add users, and assign roles to them by going into the database and
manipulating it directly. but clearly I would like to do this via
Slide-Admin. and every time I try it doesn't seem to do anything to the
database.  I have found the admin source files in 'src', but I have no way
of finding out how to use these to my purpose.

Many thanks for any help you can give

Regards,

Stuart

RE: user administration using Slide-Admin and JDBCRealm

Posted by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com>.
I'm still having the problem below, if anyone knows of a solution...

Slide-admin puts the user into the MySQLDescriptorsStore no problem, but it
doesn't put the correct details into the tables used by JDBCRealm, so its
largely useless at the mo.

See below....