Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Roger Marin <rs...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/01 05:22:28 UTC

Using Nutch 1.3 with an embedded solr server

Hello everyone,

I currently have Nutch 1.0 embedded in my application and I would like to
upgrade to the latest version of Nutch, looking at the changelog I see that
the nutch search API is deprecated
and all search functionality has been delegated to SOLR, now I am kinda new
to SOLR but since I am packaging nutch in my app I would need to embed SOLR
as well, looking at the
Nutch source, specifically the SolrIndexerJob, I see that nutch uses
a CommonsHttpSolrServer to index. I am not sure that this will work if I
wanted to use an embedded SOLR server
in my app.

Can anyone suggest what would be the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Using Nutch 1.3 with an embedded solr server

Posted by Roger Marin <rs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I'll upgrade to 1.2.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.