Posted to dev@tephra.apache.org by Poorna Chandra <po...@apache.org> on 2016/05/10 08:39:12 UTC

Git branching model

Hi,

We were using git-flow branching model in Tephra before Apache. When
setting up the new git repository for Apache Tephra, James suggested we
move to a simpler master model without develop branch. I don't see a big
advantage of continuing with the current approach of having master track
only the release commits, since we end up keeping the release branches and
tags anyway.

If no one has objections to this then we can move to the simpler master
model and drop develop branch.

Thanks,
Poorna.

Re: Git branching model

Posted by Poorna Chandra <po...@apache.org>.
Filed a JIRA to make master the default branch in git -

Poorna.

Re: Git branching model

Posted by Poorna Chandra <po...@apache.org>.

Re: Git branching model