Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Thomas Deniffel <td...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/15 11:10:56 UTC

OfBiz in IntelliJ and JRebel

Hello everybody,

I honestly hope that I do this right with the mail. If not: forgive me,
it's my first time :)

I just started with OfBiz. I use IntelliJ and JRebel. I imported the
project into IntelliJ, as suggested and it runs directly in the IDE (over
the run config with a gradle run).

But now I change a class, and I want do redeploy it and directly load it
into the running application (with JRebel). I can't do it because JRebel is
disabled and Strg+Shift+9 does not work too.

Now my question: How can I redeploy a class without restart the whole
application (what takes a while).

Is the same possible with all the XML-Definitions in the project?

Thank you,

Tom

Re: OfBiz in IntelliJ and JRebel

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
That's wise, good how-to, thanks James!

Jacques

Le 19/04/2017 � 09:37, james yong a �crit :
> Hi Jacques,
>
> Yes, we need to track which JDK is modified by DCEVM. In my case, I
> installed a separated version of JDK meant to be modified by DCEVM, and run
> Java applications using this version during development.
> My Eclipse IDE runs on unmodified JDK.
>
> Regards,
> James
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote
>> Thanks James,
>>
>> I confirm it works, but I found it delicate to put in place when you have
>> several JDKs and versions of them already installed, not a big deal, just
>> beware :)
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 19/04/2017 � 09:12, james yong a �crit :
>>> Hi Thomas,
>>>
>>> Have you look at https://dcevm.github.io/?
>>> It should do what you wanted, i.e. to redeploy a class without restart
>>> the
>>> whole

Posted by james yong <i_...@yahoo.com.sg>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks James,

Posted by james yong <i_...@yahoo.com.sg>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Thomas,

When OFBiz was still young (in 2033-2004), a French fork, Neogia, tried what you want to do.
Finally it was more complicated and the team behind it, Nereide, is now using plain OFBiz.

Like Taher I prefer OFBiz way than using an ORM.

YMMV

Jacques

Le 15/04/2017 � 23:59, Thomas Deniffel a �crit :

Posted by Thomas Deniffel <td...@gmail.com>.
Hello Taher,

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by Thomas Deniffel <td...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Thomas Deniffel <td...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Thomas,
I think JRebel uses a deployment environment like Tomcat to hot swap code,
but in our case, Catalina Container is called from inside OFbiz start.jar
which will obstruct swapping of code.

--
Thanks & Regards,

*Pradhan Yash Sharma*