Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Raghavendra Ganji - ERS, HCL Tech" <ra...@hcl.com> on 2015/11/11 07:31:47 UTC

Can we run queries from file

Hi,

I want to run SQL queries (spans many lines) from a file instead of interactive mode. Is this possible in drill. If yes how to do this. Help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Raghavendra

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: Can we run queries from file

Posted by Andries Engelbrecht <ae...@maprtech.com>.
You have a few options

from the OS shell you can use the sqlline syntax as mentioned by Rajkumar

or you can use -f <sql_file> instead of --run=

In the sqlline shell

sqlline> !record <output file name>
sqlline> !run <sql_file>
sqlline> !record
Last record stop spooling output to a file

For comments in the sql file you can use # and /* */  , but had some interesting things pop, someone may provide more input here.

--Andries

Posted by Rajkumar Singh <rs...@maprtech.com>.
try