Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by David Boyer <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/10 15:52:59 UTC

locked-domain infrastructure configuration

We need support for locked-domain.  As far as I can tell the only site
currently supporting locked-domain is iGoogle.  Generating unique
domain names by hashing is easy.  But how do I get DNS to direct those
fake domains back to the right IP address?  Also, is there any special
configuration of the J2EE container needed to have it respond to the
requests, without doing a redirect?

David S Boyer
mangr3n@gmail.com

Re: locked-domain infrastructure configuration

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.
You can use wildcard DNS
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcard_DNS_record>to support locked
domains.

A J2EE container should be able to support the differing domains without any
problem, unless it's using some server-specific hostname handling, in which
case you will need to have a similar wildcard configuration.