Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peer Brink <pe...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/25 16:40:45 UTC

T5: Hidden visibility-field of fomfragment is not set properly

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with the following problem.

I have a simple radiogroup (two options) with a formfragment linked to
the second option (html and java below). The formfragment appears when
klicking OptionB but the server-side processing will not be done.

The server-side processing wil be performed if the formfragment is
initially visible. But it does not work if it is initially invisible
and will be activated by user-interaction.

Strangely it works with a simple trick: add the validation-attribute
to the textfield inside the formfragment like this:

<t:textfield t:id="valueB" validate="required"/>

In this case "setValueB" will be called!

But this does not help if you have for example a checkbox inside the
formfragment which does not allow the validate-attribute.

It seems that the "hidden field to track its client-side visibility"
is not updated properly. Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Peer.

----------------
    <t:form>

      <t:radiogroup t:id="option">
        <t:radio t:id="optiona"/>Option A<br/>
        <t:radio t:id="optionb" t:mixins="triggerfragment"
fragment="fragmentB"/>Option B<br/>
      </t:radiogroup>

      <t:formfragment t:id="fragmentB" t:visible="bChoosen">
        Value B: <t:textfield t:id="valueB" validate="required"/>
      </t:formfragment>

      <input type="submit" value="Submit"/>

    </t:form>

----------------

public class RadioTest {

	public enum Options {OPTIONA, OPTIONB};
	@Persist
	private Options option;
	@Persist
	private String valueB;

	public Options getOption () {
		return option;
	}
	public void setOption (Options option) {
		this.option=option;
	}
	public Options getOptionA() {
		return Options.OPTIONA;
	}
	public Options getOptionB() {
		return Options.OPTIONB;
	}
	public boolean getBChoosen () {
		return option==Options.OPTIONB;
	}
	public String getValueB() {
		return valueB;
	}
	public void setValueB(String valueB) {
		this.valueB = valueB;
	}
}

Re: T5: Hidden visibility-field of fomfragment is not set properly

Posted by Peer Brink <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

please ignore this thread. It has been fixed during the last days and
is working with a recent snapshot.

Thanks a lot,
Peer.