Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2001/07/16 19:29:13 UTC

cocoon is fundamentally flawed - Re: -1 to Anakia

cocoon needs a processing instruction in the content.  The content tells the
system what to do.  This is backwards of how it should be.  If the idea is
to have reusable content then why polute the content right off the bat.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Robert Koberg wrote:

> cocoon needs a processing instruction in the content.  The content tells the
> system what to do.  This is backwards of how it should be.  If the idea is
> to have reusable content then why polute the content right off the bat.

Actually, this is a mis-statement.  Our whole conversation has been centered
around Cocoon version 2.  That version of Cocoon does not require adding
processing instructions.  It completely separates the content from the display.

Before making accusations like this, perhaps you should investigate what we
have been talking about.  A lot has changed from Cocoon 1 to Cocoon 2.  It's
a whole new beast.

Re: cocoon is fundamentally flawed - Re: -1 to Anakia

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Robert Koberg wrote:

> cocoon needs a processing instruction in the content.  The content tells the
> system what to do.  This is backwards of how it should be.  If the idea is
> to have reusable content then why polute the content right off the bat.

you're thinking of c1. c2 does not require processing instructions in the
content. c2 uses a sitemap to provide the mapping from urlspace to
pipelinespace. c2 pipelines consists of a generator, zero or more
transformers, and a serializer.

- donald