Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/05/05 10:02:00 UTC

Shared Eclipse Development

Hi, (esp Andreas)

I have queried my colleague of 'best practices' on shared development with
Eclipse on a multi-platform setup...

The intentions from Eclipse is that the files starting with a dot "." should
not be shared.
I.e. Those contains the local conditions, such as locations of Jars and other
stuff. It also means that it takes a little bit longer to get going on a new
project, as you would need to set certain things up locally.

So,

1. Those files has to be removed from the CVS.
2. A small text file describing what is needed to set up the local
environment.

I am doing 1. now, (the current files are committed to
avalon-sandbox/ide/private-files.zip ).
And I hope to be of assistance of 2. as I try to set it up myself.

Cheers
Niclas