Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by raviksingh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/05 16:22:52 UTC

Continue Nutch Crawling After Exception

I am new to Nutch.I have already configured Nutch with MYSQL. I have few
questions :

1.Currently I am crawling all the domains from my SEED.TXT. If some
exception occurs the crawling stops and some domains are not crawled, just
because of one domain/webpage. Is there a way to force nutch to continue
crawling after exception occurs ?

2.I want domains/URLs to be crawled from DB. Currently I and reading from DB
and writing to SEED.TXT before starting to crawl. Is there a better way?

3.Is there a way to provide URLFilter for scanning/restricting particular
domain/Url programatically? I have checked org.apache.nutch.net.URLFilter. I
was unable to make it work.

Please ask any details if required.

Re: Continue Nutch Crawling After Exception

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM, raviksingh <ra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am new to Nutch.I have already configured Nutch with MYSQL. I have few
> questions :

I would like to star by saying that this is not a great idea. If you read
this list you will see why.

> 1.Currently I am crawling all the domains from my SEED.TXT. If some
> exception occurs the crawling stops and some domains are not crawled, just
> because of one domain/webpage. Is there a way to force nutch to continue
> crawling after exception occurs ?

What are the exceptions?

> 2.I want domains/URLs to be crawled from DB. Currently I and reading from
> DB
> and writing to SEED.TXT before starting to crawl. Is there a better way?

Not yet, this has also been discussed pretty thoroughly.

> 3.Is there a way to provide URLFilter for scanning/restricting particular
> domain/Url programatically? I have checked org.apache.nutch.net.URLFilter.
> was unable to make it work.

Please give an example of what you are trying to do here? Are you using the
de facto scripts provided with Nutch or something else to run your Nutch
server?
--
*Lewis*