Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org> on 2014/04/16 20:27:39 UTC

Re: Patches for Tizen support as gitHub PRs

Hi, Salvatore --

I'm reviewing the plugin repositories today, before doing another release
-- I see that your contributions to a number of plugins have been pulled in
(thanks!). However, I can't find any evidence that you have signed an ICLA
with the Apache Software Foundation, which we really need in order to be
able to release the code.

Have you signed the CLA? There are easy instructions here if you haven't:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

(Or if anyone on the dev list can remember Salvatore submitting the CLA,
let me know :) )

Thanks,
Ian

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
Awesome, thanks!

Posted by "Schulhof, Gabriel" <ga...@intel.com>.
Hey!

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
Thanks for the quick response, Gabriel --

As far as I understand it, if the contributions are yours (and
Salvatore's), as they appear to be from the commits, then you'll need to
sign the ICLA.

Thanks for reminding me about Paul -- I only went looking through the
plugin commits, and they seemed to be all from you and Salvatore. That
means that Intel probably does have a CCLA (corporate CLA), but Apache
still needs ICLAs (individual CLA) from each contributor, since it's you,
not your employer, contributing the code. (As far as I know, the CCLA just
says that Intel is cool with it's employees submitting code to Apache --
check with legal@apache if it's important, though)

I'll add the Apache License header to the Tizen files, then, and I won't
pull the Tizen code out, on the assumption that you guys can get the ICLA's
signed and submitted. Let me know if that's going to be a problem.

Thanks,
Ian

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 3:35 AM, Schulhof, Gabriel <