Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jitender ahuja <aj...@aalayance.com> on 2004/07/09 14:31:22 UTC

Re:how to ensure that AND occurs, pl. help

On Friday, July 09, 2004 1:57, Daniel Naber wrote

>For fields title, body and query "aaa bbb" this will lead to
> +(title:aaa title:bbb) +(body:aaa body:bbb)
>
> So the clauses are required, but not the individual terms in a clause. I don't
> know a (simple) clean solution, but you could parse the query twice, first to
> get the AND right (queryParser.setOperator()), then again to get the fields
> right.
--------
 Thanks for your reply. I think you mean to say that  for the case of 2 fields title, body and query "aaa bbb"
what the AND should look in the "query" data item is:
+(title:aaa + title:bbb) +(body:aaa + body:bbb)
and not
+(title:aaa title:bbb) +(body:aaa body:bbb)

But will this apply if on eof the fields is null as my original query had missed one issue, i.e. if one field is null
for a given Hit object even it ( the given Hit object  ) is there.

Regards,
Jitender