Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by John Toews <jt...@lsal.org> on 2005/08/22 19:13:58 UTC

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter: could not find deserializer for type

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the Axis/ws game, and I'm having an issue with a pretty
simple object being sent over the wire.

On the service side, there's an ObjectA.

Class ObjectA {
	public String a;
	public String b;
}

The service itself takes ObjectA as an argument for certain functions, and
returns arrays for other functions. E.g. (combined),

Class Service {
	public ObjectA[] test( ObjectA obja ) {
		// do stuff
		return new ObjectA[0];
	}
}

I've deployed the service via the AdminClient tool, and used the WSDL2Java
utility to create Java for the client side.

When I try to send one of these WSDL2Java "ObjectA" objects, the service
comes back with a SAXException.

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter 'FRBRChildWork':  could
not find deserializer for type
{http://FRBRServiceHelpers.services.lsal.org}wsWork
<snip>

I gather the problem is turning the incoming XML into a service-side ObjectA
object. But I'm not quite sure what I need to do to make this work. I
thought Axis did this for me automatically? I created a different service
that sent XML Document objects that worked just fine, so there must be
something I'm missing...

WSDL & full exception attached.

Thanks for any assistance,
John Toews

RE: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter: could not find deserializer for type

Posted by John Toews <jt...@lsal.org>.
Well, I'm not sure if this is better or not. I made my objects beans (at
least I think), and added beanMapping tags to my wsdd.

Now requests just crash Tomcat completely.

Any tips on even where to begin reading the (quite extensive, ALL) logs?

Thanks