Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Niniva Ray <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/12 00:26:02 UTC

How to pass data from one Action class to another Action class?

Hello,

  If my Action class's success path is another Action class, not a jsp, how do I pass data from one Action class to the other Action class?
  Both of my action classes are associated with the same form bean. I was setting the method A of the common form bean in one Action class and doing getA in the 2nd Action class, but instead of getting the value I set, I am getting back 0.

  Thanks in advance.
  Regards,
  NRay

---------------------------------

Re: How to pass data from one Action class to another Action class?

Posted by pa...@axa.com.au.
make the form bean session scoped and see what happens...

I doubt if this doesnt work.

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P (Paz)

Consultant for AXA,
Senior Software Engineer,
HCL Australia Services Pty. Ltd.
Off   : +61-3-9618-4085
Mob : +61-0411-354-838

Niniva Ray <ni...@yahoo.com>
12/10/2006 08:45 AM

        cc:
        Subject:        Re: How to pass data from one Action class to
another Action class?

No, my form bean has request scope.
  yes, both the form beans name are same.
  NRay

paz.periasamy@axa.com.au wrote:
  Is your Form Bean Sessioin Scoped?

Are you using the same form bean name for both the actions?

If you have done these 2, you shouldnt have any problems passing form bean

between 2 actions :D

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P (Paz)

Consultant for AXA,
Senior Software Engineer,
HCL Australia Services Pty. Ltd.
Off : +61-3-9618-4085
Mob : +61-0411-354-838

Niniva Ray
12/10/2006 08:26 AM

To: user@struts.apache.org
cc:
Subject: How to pass data from one Action class to another
Action class?

Hello,

If my Action class's success path is another Action class, not a jsp,
how do I pass data from one Action class to the other Action class?
Both of my action classes are associated with the same form bean. I was
setting the method A of the common form bean in one Action class and doing

getA in the 2nd Action class, but instead of getting the value I set, I am

getting back 0.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
NRay

---------------------------------
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great
rates starting at 1¢/min.

visit http://www.mci.com

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email. If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of AXA. Thank you.

countries) for 2¢/min or less.