Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/06/03 10:33:38 UTC

SDK Nightly builds?

Hi,

Question just came up on JIRA. Do we want to publish nightly builds?

We have Jenkins already creating a release build so it wouldn't be much work - only having Jenkins copying the compile release somewhere  and documenting where it is.

Thanks,
Justin

RE: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by Glenn Williams <in...@tinylion.co.uk>.
I used to test against Adobe nightly builds all the time when they still did
that

Think it would be a good idea as long as it wasn't causing someone a real
headache

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> Is there any way to generate a .MD5 hash of the artifacts after the release
> build is done?
Should be straightforward. On OSX/Linux it's just md5 filename.

On windows it may be more complex and you may need to use this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290

Jenkins could be set up to run it as a last step.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
In the interest of getting nightly builds of SDK available soon, asking
this question again:

Is there any way to generate a .MD5 hash of the artifacts after the release
build is done?
Or should we have a switch in the installer to disable MD5 checks for
nightlies?  Is that even a safe option?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Om

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I am playing around with the installer to see how best we can support
nightlies.

Is there any way to generate a .MD5 hash of the artifacts after the
release build is done?  Or should we have a switch in the installer to
disable MD5 checks for nightlies?  Is that even a safe option?

Thanks,
Om

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I can do that, where would we want to 'publish' the nightly builds and
> what would we include in them?

The projects I found link directly to the builds machine.
http://directory.apache.org/studio/nightly-builds.html
http://nutch.apache.org/nightly.html
http://ant.apache.org/nightlies.html
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/NightlyBuilds

So that's likly good enough for us.

Justin

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I'll ask Infra if that location is sufficient.

Re: SDK Nightly builds?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software