Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2003/03/04 18:21:44 UTC

FO -> SVG -> TIFF group 3 or 4

Hello All,

A quick question, can batik output an SVG as a TIFF with with group x3
or 4 compression?

I've tried numerous approaches and have been digging around in the
source code for batik 1.5beta4b.  It look that the required support is
not there. Am I correct?

-David

RE: FO -> SVG -> TIFF group 3 or 4

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

DB> Hello All, A quick question, can batik output an SVG as a TIFF
DB> with with group x3 or 4 compression?

    No our TIFF encoder does not support group 3/4 compression.

DB> I've tried numerous approaches and have been digging around in the
DB> source code for batik 1.5beta4b.  It look that the required
DB> support is not there. Am I correct?

    I'm not sure G3/G4 would be a good idea anyways since they are
just BiLevel aren't they?  Typically SVG is full color (or at least
grey scale).