Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com> on 2005/12/05 16:42:07 UTC

Testing mod_python on win32

There's an old thread below about testing on Win32.

As afar as I can recall, Nicolas Lehuen is the only guy who's been able
to run the tests on win32
Has anybody else been able to? Can we put together some hints as to how
to do it?

David

Re: Testing mod_python on win32

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.
Has anyone else run the tests on win32 with a standard Apache2 service
started and checked the effects? (Does it stop the service? Do some
tests fail? etc)

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.
Another minor point:

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.
Hi Nicolas

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.
Hi Nicolas

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.
I'm sure this is Win32 only.

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.
In parallel, I opened http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-95
which changes the service name, and prevents this confusion anyway...
The patch could be improved, perhaps we should make this automatic on
win32...

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Graham Dumpleton <gr...@dscpl.com.au>.
I'm a bit confused by:

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.
Nicolas Lehuen wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> To follow my old promise, I've just checked in a bit of documentation
> on how to run the test suite, including on Win32. I've also added a
> few self-test in the test module, so that the most obvious setup
> mistakes are notified to the user.
>
> Here is the documentation, directly from the Subversion repository :
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_python/trunk/test/README
> <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_python/trunk/test/README>
>
> This should eventually be converted to TeX and integrated into the
> real documentation, but for various reasons this way is the quickest
> way to put it online. It's much better than the previous README file
> anyway (it was basically saying "keep out unless you know what you're
> doing" ;).
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks Nicolas, that was quick :-)

OK Now I know I'm following the correct procedure ...

At first all the tests failed... then I realised this was because I was
running it off a shared drive that the service didn't have access to as
it runs under a different account, so it simply fails to start with no
error messages... (Hmmm, sure I've done this before...)

After switching to a local drive, all tests pass! Hurray! This was on my
own built version, so the build process works nicely too...

So +1 for me on the already-released 3.2.5b on win32, and I should be
able to run tests in the future

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,