Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by dm...@gridgain.com on 2016/01/21 10:30:06 UTC

MyBatis and Apache Ignite integration

Hi MyBatis community!

I'm a committer and PMC of Apache Ignite [1] project and writing to you on
behalf of our community (+ CC-ed) to discuss an integration between our
projects that should be useful for both sides.

In short, Apache Ignite is a high-performance, integrated and distributed
in-memory platform for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets
in real-time, orders of magnitude faster than possible with traditional
disk-based or flash technologies.
Inside of our community we see a growing interest in a field of usage
MyBatis along with Apache Ignite. There are use cases when developers/users
wants to use Apache Ignite as MyBatis second level cache. Since such an
interest is growing constantly we think that it's a right time to make this
happen.

As I see MyBatis already supports second level cache for Redis, Hazelcast
and Ehcache.

How do you usually add such components? Were they added by MyBatis guys or
were developed by guys from Redis, Hazelcast, etc.?

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/

Regards,
Denis

Re: MyBatis and Apache Ignite integration

Posted by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Eduardo,

After I complete the integration, I might ask you to review it.

Thanks in advance,
Roman

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:47 PM, Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com> wrote:
Roman,

Perfect, thanks a lot! Please work close with Eduardo if you need to
know more details on myBatis.

--
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Roman,

Posted by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Denis,

> [...]

>         faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash
>         technologies.
>         Inside of our community we see a growing interest in a field
>         of usage MyBatis along with Apache Ignite. There are use cases
>         when developers/users wants to use Apache Ignite as MyBatis
>         second level cache. Since such an interest is growing
>         constantly we think that it's a right time to make this happen.
>
>         As I see MyBatis already supports second level cache for
>         Redis, Hazelcast and Ehcache.
>
>         How do you usually add such components? Were they added by
>         MyBatis guys or were developed by guys from Redis, Hazelcast,
>         etc.?
>
>         [1] https://ignite.apache.org/
>
>         Regards,
>         Denis
>
>         --

Re: MyBatis and Apache Ignite integration

Posted by dm...@gridgain.com.
Hi Eduardo,

Thanks a lot for the assistance! Added a reference to this discussion into
task's ticket [1] so that the one who will be implementing the plugin will
be able leveraging the details discussed here.

As for Apache 2.0 license, sure, there is no any problem with this ;)

Denis

Posted by Eduardo Macarron <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
I have also added this ticket to Ignite contribute page here:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#pick-ticket

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
HI All,