Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tim Johnson <Ti...@Sunquest.com> on 2000/11/10 22:56:53 UTC

Unable to deploy error

I am getting the following error when I try to deploy
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL
/soap/webapps/soap/admin/deploy.jsp.
Apache/1.3.12 Server at oldheretic.sunquest.com Port 80

I am running  Red Hat Linux release 6.1 (Cartman). Apache came pre-loaded
and installed in
/usr/local/apache.

The ONLY change I made to the Apache server is the following setting in
httpd.conf:
#
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
#
# DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
DocumentRoot "/sunquest/java/ixwebpage"

I add soap-2_0 to the /sunquest/java/ixwebpage  directory.

So I'm able to type in
http://oldheretic.sunquest.com/soap/webapps/soap/admin/ in my web browser
and get the XML-SOAP ADMIN page to come up. I fill it out and when I click
on DEPLOY I get
the error (see above).

ID: http://oldheretic/soap
Scope: Request
Method: HelloWorld
Provider Type: Java
Provider Class: TestSoap
Static: No

I made the following change to jserv.properties in
/usr/local/apache/conf/jserv:

# CLASSPATH environment value passed to the JVM
# Syntax: wrapper.classpath=[path] (String)
# Default: NONE (Sun's JDK/JRE already have a default classpath)
# Note: if more than one line is supplied these will be concatenated using
#       ":" or ";" (depending wether Unix or Win32) characters. JVM must be
#       able to find JSDK and JServ classes and any utility classes used by
#       your servlets.
# Note: the classes you want to be automatically reloaded upon modification
#       MUST NOT be in this classpath or the classpath of the shell
#       you start the Apache from.
#
wrapper.classpath=/sunquest/java/xerces-1_2_1/xerces.jar
wrapper.classpath=/sunquest/java/ixwebpage/soap/lib/soap.jar
wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/apache/libexec/ApacheJServ.jar
wrapper.classpath=/sunquest/java/jsdk2.0/lib/jsdk.jar