Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Suleman Khan <su...@sit.fraunhofer.de> on 2012/07/05 14:52:11 UTC

Re: FW: UMA Implementation

Hello All,

In Fraunhofer AISEC, we developed UMA protocol based on OAuth 2.0 and
also integrated OpenID Connect to it. We want to make this project open
source under Apache license 2.0. By the suggestion of Mr. Antonio Sanso,
we had a look at Apache Amber project and we think that this is the best
place where we can upload our code.

Details about the project is published on Kantara Initiative website. It
can be checked by visiting the following link.
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Fraunhofer+AISEC+Implementation+FAQ

I was trying to commit our code to Apache Amber repository but I need
credentials for that, which I don't have. Could you please tell how to
get these credentials and what is the procedure for doing all this stuff.

Any help in this regard would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Khan Suleman

*
Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
A couple more points....

- It is likely that step (3) will involve a code grant of some kind by the current copyright owner(s).  See "software grants" on http://www.apache.org/licenses/ and http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

- Your contribution is much more likely to be accepted if you intend to continue working on it and in this case integrate it with the rest of the amber codebase.  I'm not really familiar with what amber does or the state of the code or whether amber already implements some of the same functionality so I have no real idea what "integration" might mean here: it might be build integration, replacing current code, merging code bases, or something entirely different.  However "code dumps" of an existing project with no further development work, while occasionally useful, often provide little value.  If you plan to continue to contribute you'll need to provide a CLA (see http://www.apache.org/licenses/ ) and your employer may need to provide a CCLA.

thanks
david jencks

Re: UMA Implementation

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.