Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ac...@saysit.com on 2002/09/22 06:24:51 UTC

Loadbalancing : MS NLB vs mod_jk

Hi All.
Please forgive me for bringing up a topic like this.
I believe I have Apache collaborating with Tomcat using mod_jk. Also I
will be experimenting with "load-balancing" using both symmetric and
assymetric (different CPU and configuration ) setups.
Can this setup be compared with MS NLB ???
Going thru MS's doco I got the impression that if the server dies, the
processes are lost, I assume with our setup, the dead-box is
continuously polled until all its processes are inherited by other's ???
How is this accomplished, are here some parameters I need to set ???
If some guru out there has this experience, could you please share it
with us ???