Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/02 18:34:03 UTC

Antora website build finally automated

At long last I’ve succeeded in automating the proposed Antora website build, using the Apache Jenkins CI.

Changes to https://github.com/apache/aries-antora-site.git are picked up with a GitHub trigger and in turn trigger the website build on https:// <https://github.com:apache/aries-antora.git>github.com:apache/aries-antora.git <https://github.com:apache/aries-antora.git> with the new content published to the asf-site branch on https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/aries-site-pub.git <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/aries-site-pub.git> which is currently visible at https://aries-beta.staged.apache.org/documentation/index.html <https://aries-beta.staged.apache.org/documentation/index.html>.

To switch the production site to this, we need to change the .asf.yaml file to have

publish:
  whoami:  asf-site

and (I think) tell infra to turn off the CMS machinery.

I suggest we do this and then discuss how to bring the documentation sources closer to the code.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
David Jencks

Re: Antora website build finally automated

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Great work David - thank you!

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek